Thursday, January 31, 2008

Party like it's 1985...



Ok, so im back again with my second blog entry and another story to tell. The second of many =]. Do any of you guys rememeber going to or hearing any of your friends go to house parties? I do..house parties are fun and entertaining. Of course there were house parties that I went to with friends where there was alcohol, but I was a good girl--I didn't have any. One day my aunt came to visit during one summer and we were listening to Run DMC, MC Lyte, Erik B. and Rakim, and the famous storyteller of them all, Slick Rick in the car. My aunt was excited to hear her favorite songs on the radio and I started to sing along with her. She asked "How do you know all of these songs?", and I replied back with "Mommy listens to these songs all the time and I just picked it up from her." From that point on my aunt started to talk about her experiences with my mother and her friends back in the day going to house parties in her neighborhood before she moved to Texas. My family members would even host parties in their homes until 5 in the morning lol. She told me that everyone had such a great time and that the music was HOT. When she told me this story I started to realize that house parties are still on and poppin' and its just a feel good time.

No comments: