Thursday, April 3, 2008

Soulja Boy...K!ck Rockz

Do you know what really grinds my gears? (Courtesy of Peter from Family Guy lol) People who think that they are the hottest thing out there right now off of a stupid song that is going to become a one-hit wonder. It doesn't take a genius to know that just by listening to one word of the "song", it's going to be trash. Yes, you have seen people do the "Soulja Boy" dance. I look at people and say " You are embarrassing yourself". I don't care if I don't know the dance and I am HAPPY that I don't know that dance. I just sit there at parties and watch everytime the song comes on. I know one thing is for sure, I'm not doing it. I am not going to look like the fool. It's ashame to see three-year old children do this dance instead of learning their ABC's and 1-2-3's. If I ever catch my little brother do that, no matter how cute and adorable he is, I will scold him. The same goes for my neice and she's only 10 (her birthday was yesterday, yay!). I'm so afraid of what type of songs are going to come out in the next ten years when my little sister turns 10 (she's only 5 months). This is why I like to listen to Ol' School artists that were previously mentioned in earlier posts. I respect Lupe Fiasco for what he is doing now. He is different and original. I hope that he doesn't cross over into mainstream in order to please companies & their money. He is proof that hip hop is not dead. And that's what really grinds my gears folks. I'm Out!

No comments: